Wednesday, August 6, 2008

These days seem so small, so fast in their passing. It's been a long time now since I moved away from home. Long in terms of memories and of short attention spans. I miss those days of reckless waking and wasted sleeping. I miss my early twenties. There are people here I wish I could have shared those moments with, there are people from that framed nostalgia that I wish were here with me now.

Work is work. I have a hard time negotiating those terms with myself. I have a hard time waking up to go to a job that has no meaning. Answer phone, fax, fax, answer phone, open mail, answer phone, copy mail, answer phone, distribute mail, answer phone, clean dishes, answer phone, fax, fax. It's not that I'm looking for a challenge, because I'm really not. I'm looking for a way to live the rest of my life without working at all, or at least not sit in a chair all day long, or have to sell anything to anyone. That's all.

Friends are friends. They're just really not as there as they once seemed. Failed to call. Failed to show. Failed to know. Failed to care. Failed to read my mind...
I miss you though.

Love is...

for the pigeons. and me. and you.

No comments: